Menzies Pop! – Award Winning Beachside Home
It's rare to find an architect's own home for sale let alone the home of two architects. This house, winner of multiple awards at the highest level, is the 'holy grail' for design aficionados.
The renovations & extension undertaken by Architects Daniel & Kate Sullivan, of COMMON, have been a labour of love spanning almost a decade. The list of accolades and media exposure is deservingly long, the home's notoriety is testament to quality and design. Starting from a unique insitu cast concrete & concrete block exterior skin form, the layers of detail are without peer, making Menzies Pop! irreplaceable and a true example of improving one's life through design.
• Located only four doors from the beach in highly sought after Sumner location
• All day sun, fully insulated & integrated heating systems for supreme comfort
• Passive solar design, thermally broken aluminium double glazing & opening roof lights
• Lounge enjoys the comfort of a wood burner & richness of teak veneer joinery & rimu floor, elements that extend to the library/ office
• Kitchen with formed brass benchtop and surround, stained oak fronts, excellent storage, repurposed rimu island benchtop, the total package
• Casual living extends beyond kitchen/dining to the sheltered suntrap deck and garden
• Accessed via custom steel floating stair, the mezzanine bedroom & bathroom suite cleverly play with volume & offer views to the hills beyond.
• Easy care landscaped garden. Fully irrigated + warm water outdoor shower
• Additional studio space & garden shed
• Plenty of storage for bikes, bins, etc.
There was never a thought that this home would ever be sold. The creative urge could not be contained and after an opportunity arose the decision has been made to embark on another project. Menzies Pop! is one of a kind and this is a very special opportunity to buy a very impressive home.
Auction: 12pm, Saturday 6th November 2021 onsite (unless sold prior)